Connie Currie grew up in Hicksville where her father, Roland Gibson, was the radio/TV repair man at Spiro’s Department Store on Broadway in the same town. In 1956 she earned her amateur radio Novice License KN2RBM. When it expired she replaced it with a marriage license.
In 1996, Connie met up with radio again when she launched a campaign to save the historic Telefunken radio station site in West Sayville. When this met with failure, Connie and Ralph Williams petitioned the New York State Chartering Department for a Historical Society Charter that after many years and several name changes, became the Long Island Radio & Television Historical Society. Connie is President and Research Historian for the Sayville Historical Society, past contributing editor of the Long Island Forum, docent at Meadowcroft- the John Ellis Roosevelt House in Sayville as well as occasional research assistant for the Suffolk County Parks, historic services division.